App development is made of a group of processes and different stages. And it is important to have the flow clear, especially when working on your first mobile app. So here we have put the steps to take a look at:
1. Develop a strategy
The very first step in the app development process is to determine a plan to ground the idea. To do this, you should think of the unique needs of your app. In this stage, you will:
- Recognize who the users are.
- Study the competition.
- Set the objectives and aims.
- Decide on a mobile platform in which your app will operate.
- Define the abilities you will need for app development.
2. Design the User Interface and User Experience
It is crucial to polish the application to provide an easy and smooth user experience. In fact, the success will be measured by how the users understand, accept and profit from the capabilities the app has. What are the qualities an application needs? It should be engaging, user-friendly, and intuitive.
3. Set the Information Architecture for the mobile app
You should determine what information the users will access, what information will the app collect, and what the interaction with the result. Once you have established all these aspects, take them as the information architecture guidelines to develop enterprise mobile solutions.
What is the best way to display the information? Through workflow diagrams, you will be able to identify every possible interaction a user may have with your app, as well as the navigation structure.
4. Get working on the wireframes
Today, the online world has replaced traditional sketches with wireframes. They are ideal because they provide a visual structure to the app’s functional needs. Wireframes are used to build app layouts and iterate through them during the design review process.
When working on the wireframes, you should make sure to establish:
- A style manual: font family, colors in the design, etc.
- The mockups of the design.
- The IA and UI design.
5. Get your mobile app working prototype
There are numerous ways to get a prototype. Technologies like Figma, or Invision provide interactive prototypes that display the app’s capabilities.
Prototyping is a process that allows you to model the end-user experience and all the workflows the app will have.
6. Develop the application
Before proceeding with the app development, you need to:
- Specify the milestones for the project’s development.
- Select the technology stack.
- Define the technical framework.
- Work on the front-end and back-end development.
7. Testing and Deployment
Doing tests is crucial to ensure applications are usable, safe, and more stable. Once everything is tested and proved to work fine, you can proceed with the deployment. For doing so, you must submit it to the app stores: App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android. What are the elements you need to launch an application?
- The name of the app and the icon.
- Category of the app.
- Screenshots of the app.
Are you looking to develop your first mobile app? We are the team to help you succeed. Contact us and let us know what you need.