Staff Augmentation, as its name suggests, consists in enlarging a team. It is considered an outsourcing recruitment strategy where companies hire skilled professionals to cover necessary positions on a temporary or permanent basis. It enables the client company to extend its IT resources according to project requirements. The benefits of staff augmentation have made this model become more popular each time, but there are some aspects that people do not know of. Here, we’ll review them.
What is the difference between Staff Augmentation and Outsourcing?
IT project outsourcing is outsourcing the full project or aspects of the project to an external company. It often involves hiring entire departments abroad, while the client pays the wages. The biggest difference lies in the responsibility.
In outsourcing, the outsourcing company takes responsibility for the project development and manages the steps. Meanwhile, in staff augmentation, it is the client company who remains accountable for the results as it works with an in-house project management team.
Why choose Staff Augmentation?
IT projects are so diverse that the requirements vary a lot, depending on the nature of the project, the time, etc. In these scenarios, Staff Augmentation is an excellent option because:
- It helps to find the right talent. Sometimes, companies have difficulties finding the right talent locally because of geographical or cultural factors.
- You get enhanced flexibility to hire skilled talent when required and just for the time needed.
- It allows you to reduce costs. Having in-house talent often requires multiple costs such as equipment maintenance, office rental fees, staff wages, and more.
- It helps with the recruitment gap. Most start-up companies do not have the budget or time to create their own permanent IT staff. In these cases, augmentation services can bridge the gap until the company is in a more stable position.
Benefits of Staff Augmentation
This model offers many benefits for clients, such as:
- Access to a wide range of talent located anywhere across the globe.
- Full control over the project when it comes to specifications and directions
- Client-centric approach, where the clients needs are the pillar for every step and the vendor focuses on fulfilling these needs.
- Better integration with internal processes. This happens because, under staff augmentation, you are working with your internal team, which helps integrate the team through the processes.
- Project visibility. The client has complete visibility across the processes taking place in order to fulfill the project.
- Choosing the right element. When working under Staff Augmentation, clients get to choose the expert they need for their project, such as engineers, software developers. front-end developers, etc.
- Flexible deadlines. If your project needs to be accelerated without notice, it is easier and faster to coordinate with an internal team than it is with an outsourced team.